We love to get to know our CHA ladies and were warmly welcomed by Yoga Teacher & mother of 3, Mariken. Living on an unique old fishermen's dike in Amsterdam Noord, we started our morning with her Alignment Yoga class. A must try in her wooden yoga studio under a magical old tree. Vulnerable & open, Mariken shares her story with us in & around her home. Be inspired!
- What describes you in 3 words and what makes you happy? My husband says sincere, direct and warm. My daughter says strong, beautiful and intelligent! What a compliment when your husband and daughter see you like this! The love of my family around me makes me very happy. That's what makes me the happiest: that everyone does their own thing and then drops in to eat together or to be together.
- What is your passion and how do you keep your motivation high every day? My passion is my job. I love yoga, essential oils and healing. I read and study a lot. Once you have gone down that path, there is no turning back. It feels like a journey of discovery and every time you discover a deeper layer. I am motivated by my curiosity. I like to understand everything, I am a real geek in that!
- What was your last Naked Truth win and can you tell us a bit more about your approach? My victory is that I always try to be true to myself, regardless of what anyone thinks. There are, of course, many prejudices about spirituality. But I actually experience it very practically, very earthly.
- How do you prefer to spend your spare time? I like peace and stillness around me. I love to go out into nature! To take a nice walk on the beach or in the forest. I used to really enjoy groups of friends together, now I enjoy one-on-one conversations more. And I really enjoy deepening my relationships.
- How does CHA make you feel and what is your favorite article? I think Cha is cool and adventurous, but also feminine and warm and comfortable. I am not very fashionable but I really like good basics!
- What are your core values in work, love, friendships & lifestyle? That you stay true to myself! True to my That you really live your life and take your responsibility!
- What is your top 3 bucket list and which one would you do first? Traveling around with a camper in New Zealand, experiencing sacred places through Ireland and walking the Mahler route. If I have enough budget? To New Zealand!
- What were the turning points in your life? The moment I had children was one of them, I thought that was an amazing experience and it gave me a strong need for meaning. My oldest son had a lot of starting problems though. With him, I have traveled a very special, but intense road. The moment I met my husband during one of the most difficult times in my life, is another special moment. He is so direct and genuine, I have never felt so cherished and loved! He really sees me. Also the experience of breast cancer, which I discovered at a very early stage, taught me - just like on the path with my eldest son - to trust my feelings and to follow my intuition.
- What's your favorite CHA look? I love my nude open work shoes the most. I have worn them a lot for two summers and I feel very beautiful in it.