We love meeting and getting to know our customers. Roxanne is a unique young woman who quit her fashion job to follow her dream; Her own B&B where she cooks and takes care of her guests. She also organizes cooking events, trips and is an online chef at a well-known fashion magazine. Get inspired and read her interview with us.
1. What describes you in 3 words?
How my friends describe me and what I can relate to the most is: social, positive and spontaneous.
2. What is your passion and how do you keep your motivation high every day?
I used to believe that the fashion world was my world. When I noticed that I was no longer happy I started looking for what gives me energy and what makes me happy.
That was bringing people together by organizing events, being a hostess. I brought this to life by opening a B&B and the common thread in everything is my hobby that I have made my work of: cooking. Everything I do, from the culinary trips, workshops to the events, revolves around good food. From the moment I quit my job in the fashion world, I started doing what I like and that's why new things came my way every time.
3. What was your last Naked Truth victory and can you tell us a bit more about your approach? The last three years of my life have been about embracing a new me. I always had a plan for my life. Knew what this would look like and what this would be from a young age. After that I had a period when I was not happy here. I remember lying in bed in my newly renovated home with everything I could wish for and the job I always wanted at a major international fashion brand that I flew the world for as I always said I wanted, and thought "is this it? ..."
I was ashamed of this thought because I couldn't figure out why I wouldn't be happy with everything I had in my life. Still, I'm glad I packed my bags and stepped out of this life.
My biggest lesson is that we cannot enforce things and we should embrace the uncertainty and learn from it. I now look at my life much more consciously, live more in the moment and know much better what makes me really happy and enjoy my life much more.
4. What do you prefer to spend your time on in your spare time? I prefer to spend my free time with the people I love in a relaxing place such as at home or in nature or a nice holiday spot. But I can also really enjoy a walk in the woods on my own with my dog.
5. How does CHA make you feel and what is your favorite article? CHA is basically everything that I radiate and support. The story behind it and CHA's values are equal to mine. CHA stands for strength but also love for production, such as animal-friendly production. The quality is great, I have had some boots for 8 years and still wear them every day. In addition to all this, the designs are also beautiful, timeless and you feel good about it.
6. What are your core values in work, love, friendships & lifestyle?
Work: balance, honesty, creativity, quality, knowledge, passion, efficiency
Love: communication, honesty, passion, connection, trust, friendship, appreciation
Friendships: commitment, communication, honesty, openness, fun
Lifestyle: balance, personal development, fun, appreciation, spontaneity, independence
7. What is your top 3 bucket list and which one would you do first?
1. Successfully independent with my own company.
2. Renovate and rent out my own Tiny house
3. Touring Canada by RV (on the Vancouver side)
Performing in the order of the top 3️ numbers 1 and 2 have already been put into operation but I think number 2 will overtake number 1 because I need shorter time for that.
8. What were the turning points in your life and have you decided to walk a different path? See answer to question 3
9. How do you prefer to style your CHAs? I prefer to wear my Tibets under a black feminine dress. My Mountain boots are really my favorite among a black leather look skinny and a sleek black turtleneck.